- taken 17 trips to the local Salvation Army/ Goodwill donation center. (NOT an exaggeration. We counted.)
- taken 319 trips to the dump (including one very exciting trip where we got to watch our ratty, torn up and slightly peanut butter slathered couch slide into the compactor. Hand to Heaven, you have never lived until you have pushed a ratty, torn up and slightly peanut butter slathered couch into the gaping mouth of a machine built to make solid things squishy. It was the highlight of January!)
- Phone stalked several realtors, made many internal negotiations (as well as a few unsavory bribes), we finally located a lovely, spacious new house to rent on the side of a mountain
in northern Australiain North Carolina.
fourthree paintings (I’m not counting the one that got rained on. Sorry Ed. I know you like it.)
- Broke up the contents of one two-story house into 234 piles, then strategically stuffed said piles into 229 boxes. I am Queen Tetris. BOO-YA.
- Had my first adventure in plein air. (thus, the rained on painting.)
- visited relatives in far off lands, like Pennsylvania. Also Maryland.
- “Celebrated” my baby turning 13. (HOLY SHNIKIES HE IS NOT THAT OLD I REFUSE TO BELIEVE MY TUBBA WUBBA BURGHAL FLORP ::faints::)
- “Celebrated” my other baby turning 16 (REPEAT ABOVE. ETC. ::dies::)
We moved to said mountain in Greenlandin North Carolina.
- washed 1,483 loads of laundry
- Ate 6 lbs of cheese over Christmas.
- unpacked 228 boxes. (WHERE is my STOCK POT!?)
Also homeschooling, wrangling 2 cats and an old fart dog into one car, multiple 7 hour car trips, various holiday type things, yadda-yadda-blah-blah. Oh, also Michael got a new job and is soldering satellite parts in his spare time. And Madison has taken up bongos. (BONGOS. Yes, RLY.) And Caleb is carving things out of wood and has also announced that he wants to learn how to play Celtic songs on the violin and possibly also live in Egypt. (Not NOW, Mom. But, you know, maybe next year?) The dog wants carpet on these dang floors. (REALLY, people? Hardwood? Have you seen my backside? In case you haven’t noticed, it’s made of fluff, not that rubber stuff on the bottom of bathroom mats. I sit and my butt slides sideways. I end up scooting in backwards circles every dinner time. Oh ha-ha. Very funny. ::grumble,grumble,berber,etc::)
I want tacos.
Here’s a picture of a cat!